The ILC is now seeking a full time junior communications consultant to support content creation within the ILC Global Secretariat.
The key areas of work and specific tasks to be performed by the consultant are the following:
Content creation for ILC website
- Develop, edit, and update articles for publication on ILC’s website landcoalition.org(requires working with CMS Drupal);
- Support the communications team in regularly updating the ILC website – ensuring all pages have relevant and timely content; are tagged correctly, translated as needed and all content complies with web and design guidelines;
- Liaise with colleagues to report on achievements for publishing via news items, blogs and op-ends to give maximum visibility to ILC and member activities;
- Create content (blogs and news articles) that reflect the successes and stories of ILC and its members from a global perspective;
- Identify trends and opportunities for ILC to increase user engagement and navigation on the website;
- Ensurerelevant content on web is in 3 languages;
- Any other duties as required.
Support and promote internalILC communications
- Act as Secretariat focal point for ILC’s internal communications tool “Slack”, while supporting staff with least activity/logins;
- Coordinate with Secretariat and Regional Offices to draft and disseminate bi-weekly internal newsletter (ILC Insider)
Develop content and support management of ILC social media accounts
- Update ILC member social media list; create original content for ILC’s social media channels to ensure maximum coverage of ILC member activities and achievements;
- Monitor social media and online presence through the use of social media management tools, data to be used to contribute to annual reporting and to help improve reach and impressions;
- Keep up-to-date with current trends in the development and land rights community with reposts, re-tweets, and generating related content.
Support implementation of communications strategyfor the 2018 Global Land Forum(www.globallandforum.org)
- Lead and engage social media squad before and during event, including regular communication to the squad with “pre-packaged” tweets prior to the event and organization of social media breakfasts at the beginning of each day of the GLF;
- Create and implement schedule for social media posts prior;
- Any other duties as required.
Other communications functions, including:
- Support in the drafting of monthly “News from the Network” for ILC members and “Quarterly Update” for our wider network via Mailchimp;
- Liaise with comms support team (translators, editors, printers), tracking their outputs, following up and providing feedback.
Required skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced University degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or a Social Cciences related field;
- At least 2 yeasof relevant experience in communications, web-publishing, social media and web-based editorial roles with ability to commission, edit and proof content online or in other digitalformats;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesise complex policy issues into accessible products;
- Demonstrable creativity and a flair for identifying interesting and newsworthy stories and successfully pitching them to a range of media outlets;
- Excellent time management, forward planning, and prioritisation skills. Able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Knowledge of networks and multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required. Working knowledge of Spanish and French is an asset;
- Excellent computer literacy, with familiarity with common content managements software (DRUPAL, WordPress), information technologies and web-based analytical tools (Sprout Social, Google Analytics), Mailchimp.
*The Consultant will be hired by the ILC Secretariat initially for up to a 6- month period. The contract may be renewed or extended based on availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The Consultant will be basedat the ILC Secretariat in Rome, Italy.
Interested candidates should send a CV and letter of intent to the Global Communications Coordinator, Ashley von Anrep at firstname.lastname@example.org.