- Ensure that the financial administration of the GLF Secretariat is properly executed, and that all the financial operations in the office comply with existing financial regulations, rules and other instructions.
- Contribute to developing or updating the financial and administrative policies and procedures manual for the GLF Secretariat, in collaboration with the Finance team at headquarters.
- Communicate and enforce finance rules, requirements and timelines. Follow through with implementing financial tools and processes within the office.
- Assist the GLF Executive Producer and the three core function leaders in managing budgeted activities.
- Play an active role in preparing the annual program and work budgets for the GLF Secretariat and other budget proposals for submission to donors and funding agencies.
- Manage cash flows and ensure that relevant obligations and disbursements are released correctly and on time.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and documents for the GLF Executive Producer and the three core function leaders’ approval and submission to the Team Leader of Finance.
- Manage the fixed assets inventory and oversee the purchasing of equipment and supplies according to procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in resource planning with the GLF Secretariat team or function leader, in line with project costing (or full cost recovery) methodology, BMUB and BMZ policies.
- Assist the GLF Secretariat team in developing or modifying project timelines and resource requirements.
- Provide support to the Human Resources team at headquarters on human resources matters.
- Assist the GLF Executive Producer in developing strategies for a staffing.
- Assist the GLF Executive Producer in developing safety guidelines including evacuation plans.
- Assist in staff recruitment and placement through preparing vacancy announcements, reviewing applications, facilitating candidate interviews and drafting selection recommendations for Human Resources at headquarters.
- Oversee the administration of staff salaries, benefits and entitlements.
- Assist in the follow-up of performance appraisals for all national staff.
- Conduct salary surveys, and undertake benefits and job classification benchmarking activities for national staff.
- Follow up and update the Health, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Long Term Disability (LTD) and other insurance plans for national staff in Bonn, in line with the CIFOR policy for Germany.
- Assist the GLF Executive Producer and the GLF Global Coordinator in strategic planning (in terms of staffing, office space, resources or office materials).
- Supervise operational staff and provide general management support to the GLF Executive Producer.
- Interface with public administrators, banks and service providers.
- Assist the GLF Executive Producer in communicating organizational office progress, goals and news within the office.
- Serve as officer-in-charge as required in the absence of the GLF Executive Producer for administrative and operational issues.
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
- Monitor agreements with partners (MoUs, LoAs) both for compliance of all parties and to ensure timely negotiation of renewal, where appropriate in collaboration with the Project Management Coordination team at headquarters.
Education, knowledge and experience
• degree in management, accounting or equivalent; a combination of education and experience
• at least 5 years of experience in finance, budgeting and administrative matters
• excellent financial and administrative skills
• training and experience in a human resources field will be an advantage
• familiar with international finance, accounting, and human resources policies and practices
• familiar with working in an international, multicultural and fast-paced environment
• fluent in English and German.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• self-motivated, energetic, resourceful and able to find creative solutions
• able to strategize at both macro and micro levels
• a team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
• outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
• proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
• The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
• CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that he/she complies with the local requirements for working at the posting location.
• Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience is offered.
The application deadline is 31 Jul-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.