The successful candidate will develop and manage GPE’s new Knowledge and Innovation Exchange mechanism, reporting to the team leader for the Education Policy and Learning team. This team is part of GPE’s Education Policy and Performance team, which sits under the direction the Chief Technical Officer (who is also Director of the EPP Team).
The successful candidate will be responsible for finalizing and launching the KIX program, including finalizing arrangements with a grant agent and other service providers; establishing strong processes for engaging developing country partners; and ensuring that KIX activities and products are widely shared and disseminated within the partnership and utilized to support GPE’s other country level activities, which include funding of national education sector plans and large scale education sector implementation grants. S/he will oversee a program analyst and will contribute to fundraising for KIX.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and deliver the final design and launch of the KIX learning exchange and KIX funds in 6 thematic areas for the final recommendation of the Board and its delegated committees, working with the Secretariat staff, a design firm, and a selected grant agent; and ensuring active engagement of developing country partners.
• Develop and oversee ongoing operational procedures and processes for overseeing KIX activities, including establishing an approach to secretariat monitoring and reporting; and preparing reports and updates for the CTO, CEO and GPE Board or its delegated committees.
• Oversee the work of the KIX grant agent and other KIX service providers, ensuring strong management and fiduciary oversight; appropriate procedures to mitigate risk and ensure safeguards; and responding to any issues that arise in relation to delays or such issues.
• Ensure strong engagement with developing country partners both governmental and non-governmental, and linkage between KIX activities and the Secretariat’s country facing support to country level processes.
• Work with the Education Policy and Learning Team lead to ensure alignment between secretariat led technical and operational workstreams and KIX activities
• Act as the voice and representative of the KIX program, ensuring strong communications and outreach to technical partners and (in collaboration with GPE’s External Relations team) potential funders.
Additionally it is expected that (s)he will
• Represent EPP in certain Secretariat meetings and tasks
• Contribute content to the GPE web site
• Undertake periodic mission travel
• Project manage the tasks above, including the budget and task teams
• Contribute to other tasks as needed
• Assist the Results and Performance team leader as needed, including representation and team management
The Senior Education Specialist, Knowledge and Innovation Exchange is accountable for performing the responsibilities, modeling the behaviors and maintaining the technical competencies (listed below) in his or her capacity as a member of GPE’s Education Policy and Performance (EPP) team. Accountability means being answerable for managing quality and timeliness of the tasks and deliverables, understanding and taking action on risks, contributing to institutional initiatives, collaborating actively with the GPE team, and complying with GPE policies and procedures.