The primary objective
of the Youth in Landscapes Network Intern is to facilitate the growth of the
network through community building, promotion and ensuring that programs serve
the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth Coordinator.
regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and GLF Youth
- Assist in
creating and delivering youth programs at GLF events, primarily the 2-day
training at GLF Nairobi.
- Maintain all
Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website.
- Assist in
knowledge management and regularly update activities and information of YIL
partner organizations – International
Forestry Students’ Association, Young Professionals for Agricultural
Development, IFSA, YPARD, GAEA, and others (IAAS, EGEA, GYBN, CSAYN, etc.).
outreach to associate partners and youth organizations.
engagement and network building on social media (YIL FB groups).
communications material and regularly promote new opportunities.
other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they arise.
- Promote and
assist in coordinating youth activities at GLF Nairobi and GLF Bonn, and help
with related GLF activities.
collaboration with GLF staff, pitch and generate ideas for furthering youth
social media platforms and newsletter, and maintain website.
Education, knowledge and experience
- a minimum of three years of BSc completed in international development, natural science, communication or related fields; recent graduates preferred
• excellent English writing skills
• experienced with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development or event-management
• experienced with WordPress and social media
• experienced and/or comfortable with remote work.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- effective time management capabilities
• strong organizational and communication skills.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an internship opportunity for 6 months.
• CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance in accordance with the Project Document or as agreed with the Sponsor. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
• The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
The application deadline is 31 Jul-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.