The Agricultural Economist will serve as Team Leader in the conduct of the National Food Consumption Quantification Study. The responsibilities of the Agricultural Economist primarily involve development of the Food Production Strategy in terms of conceptual designs, international benchmarking and analysis, and policy recommendations.
For the development of the study, the Expert will be responsible for the following:
- Develop the framework for the research and analysis in the formulation of Food Production Strategy including the approach in the statistical analysis;
- Lead in the drafting of the Food Production Strategy that shall contain analysis and projections of consumption and production of major food commodities in the Philippines in the next 15 years
- Provide technical guidance to the Team that will contribute to the study’s components;
- Lead field missions, consultations, workshops, and focus group discussions;
- Lead the coordination correspondence with the Department of Agriculture (DA) and other partners in the initiative;
- Facilitate mentoring session to the involved project personnel composed of representatives from partner government agencies; and
- Perform other duties as required.