•Develop and implement detailed activities for SWITCH-Asia II project on the regional policy advocacy component to mainstream sustainable consumption and production at national and regional level with attention to green finance as an entry point and to build capacity for the uptake of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 12 and related SDGs.
•Analyse, consolidate, and track trends in the policies and gaps in the region for sustainable consumption and production, especially the mainstreaming of green finance, from various entry points such as, but not limited to, energy, natural resources, materials, cities, transport, etc.
Scope, develop and implement partnership activities, as well as manage relationships to contribute to the outcomes of the project to facilitate access to green finance for the implementation of policies and regulatory frameworks in promoting sustainable consumption and production working with all the team members
I. SCP regulatory framework advocated at regional, sub-regional and national level shared globally and with other regions (e.g. reporting on SCP related SDGs on SCP and SCP mainstreaming):
• Lead the design and implementation of regional/sub-regional partnership meetings through active involvement from regional/sub-regional bodies (public and private sectors), governments and stakeholders, with the purpose of developing case studies of sustainability, knowledge management products and networks with a focus on green finance to support various sectors for sustainable consumption and production and with respect to 1. Energy efficiency through sustainable financing and green technology, and 2. Waste impacts on environment, especially plastics, and closing the loop from regional to local focusing on procurement policies, standards, certification schemes, regulations, gender mainstreaming and economic instruments.
• Mobilising intra-Asia regional and interregional (Especially Asia-Africa) dialogue on green finance and bringing global level attention to the regional SCP Roadmap implementation e.g. Asia Africa dialogue, SDG High Level Platform, UNFCC.
• Facilitating and leveraging strategic regional partnerships, especially with the private Sector, for innovative green finance solutions to the accelerate regional SCP Roadmap implementation and national interventions, to inform policy entry points for stakeholders for sustainable consumption and production such as climate change commitments (adaptation and mitigation), SDGs, green economy and green technology, sustainability, gender and human wellbeing with a focus on green finance.
II. SCP policy instruments effectively demonstrated in regional, sub-regional and national for a:
•Facilitate Youth Thought Leadership on SCP including Young Professionals (public and private sector) training and mentoring initiatives on mainstreaming SCP in various sectors such as Energy, Plastics and Waste Management, Transport, and Cities with a focus on green finance.
•Ensure the design and integration of SCP and green finance in SCP communications products especially targeted at policy outreach for consumers, the private sector and governments, and increasing the profile and visibility of successful innovations and leaders including at events, online and linking with UN Environment Campaigns such as # Beat Pollution, #Breathe Air, #Clean Seas..
III. The uptake of SDG 12 and SCP related policies supported in the target countries:
• Facilitate the linking between investors, finance solutions and infrastructure development to accelerate SCP regional/subregional dialogue on investment initiatives such as the One Belt One Road focusing on sustainable public procurement, green finance.
• Produce policy assessments of best practices and trends in SCP and SDG 12 implementation at national and subregional levels including private sector engagements, delivery of SDG indicators, access to green finance and green financing.
• Produce Policy Information Documents and ensure high visibility with Partners, media and institutions to increase the outreach of the Project’s outputs.
• Develop and maintain narrative reporting for overall project for the donor (the European Commission) and UN Environment Programme and provide the updates in line with the reporting requirements.
• Ensure integration of the activities of SWITCH Asia II with other UN Environment projects to increase impact and partnerships, and raise co-financing for project in related areas including energy efficiency, waste management, air pollution management, poverty alleviation, natural resources management and climate change mitigation.
• Plan and monitor a Partnership Engagement Plan to ensure strong partners for sustainability of the activities and outputs
• Contribute to the communications of the project with substantial technical inputs, policy analysis and briefs, with timely delivery and proactive planning and initiative
• Provide substantive technical leadership to the Project Manager and team in the related areas especially on green finance including sustainable consumption and production, sustainable public procurement, sustainable tourism, sustainable food systems, sustainable lifestyles and education, consumer information and eco-labelling, sustainable buildings and construction, green economy, green financing and technologies.
• Participate in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
• Carry out the UN procedures and legal instruments for implementing partners, consultants and procurement and supervise consultants and staff.
• Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Conduct and contribute to activity and overall project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, including that of Programme and Finance.
• Perform other duties as required.