The branch office of CIFOR-ICRAF Asia Continental Program (ACP) of ICRAF in New Delhi is looking forward Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will report to the Finance and Admin Manager, India. S/he will work in close collaboration with a team of corporate services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scrutiny of invoices/bills
and preparation vouchers for payment to vendors
- Entry in the CIFOR-ICRAF
accounting system and tally software
- Assist Finance & Admin
Manager for keeping proper accounting of advances to staff vendors as per
- Maintain Petty cash book
and disbursement of the same.
- Prepare bank and petty cash
- Assist in preparation of
schedules for internal and external audits.
- Withholding tax calculations
Preparation and filing of correspondence and other documentation; maintaining
filing systems; acquiring office supplies and arranging office equipment
maintenance; monitoring budgets.
- Manage and provide support on
staff travel, following CIFOR-ICRAF regulations and assuring that staff has the
most convenient arrangements (including itineraries, accommodation, visas,
travel advances, and expense report).
- Arrange transportation for
the staff/visitors as requested.
- Manage and support in
organizing regional and in country program related events and responsible for
- Maintain communication
systems of CIFOR-ICRAF India Office (telephone, data cards, Internet
connectivity) in running conditions.
- Maintain the administrative
records and Admin files of CIFOR-ICRAF India Office.
- Ensuring operations of
office equipment by preventive maintenance requirement, calling for repairs,
marking equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment.
- Maintaining office supplies
inventory by checking stock, anticipating needed supplies placing requisition
etc. and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance
of the office.
- Maintaining fixed assets
- Assist in procurement of
office supplies/equipment when needed.
- Any other
duty/responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with minimum 3 years relevant experience in admin and accounting.
• Excellent knowledge of MS office and relevant internet applications and Tally accounting software
• Sound knowledge of internal control and risk management frameworks and concepts.
• Sound knowledge of statistical tools.
• Experience of working with CGIAR, UN organizations, INGOs
• Working experience in the field of agriculture/forestry
Terms and conditions
• This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in New Delhi.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at:
CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, and locations, or cancel the hiring as necessary.
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.