The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organisation with 30 member countries and around 130 member organisations. EFI undertakes forest research and policy support at pan-European and global level, with headquarters located in Joensuu, Finland. EFI has its other main offices in Bonn, Barcelona and Rome. Further information about the organisation is available at www.efi.int
The Bioregions Facility aims to be a knowledge center of innovation for the regional forest bioeconomy. FIRE-RES project is developing open innovation approaches to speed up innovation uptake to mitigate wildfire risk. The trainee will support activities related to exploitation of innovation in the forest bioeconomy from the Bioregions Facility and in wildfires from the FIRE-RES project, as well as awareness raising activities.
Your tasks will include:
- Support the organisation of online matchmaking events such as “Forestry Speed Datings”, as well as in-person innovation / pitching days.
- Support the implementation of activities aimed at speeding up innovation, facilitating the replication, access to market and upscaling of novel solutions in forestry and forest value chains.
- Support the development of communications activities and content on innovation topics.
- Other activities as agreed during the traineeship period.
- Duty station at EFI HQ in Joensuu, Finland
- Paid monthly traineeship allowance
- Duration of traineeship is for a period of 6 months
- Starting date: April-May 2024
For more information about the post, please contact Siebe Briers, Expert: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is: 15th March 2024.
- Academic background in forestry, natural resources, wood industry or similar
- Interest in innovation
- Hands-on, proactive, independent
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Experience in organising events is an asset