The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 CGIAR Consortium research centers. Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
Duties and responsibilities
- Environmental Economics/Value Chains,
- Financial Governance,
- Forest Law Enforcement,
- Governance and Trade (FLEGT),
- Land and Forest Tenure Reforms,
- Carbon and Greenhouse Gas Measurement,
- Human Demography/Epidemiology,
- Landscape Ecology,
- Soil Science,
- Environmental History,
- Information and Communications,
- Legal with experience in international transactions and IP in the agricultural/biological field
- Support functions, e.g. Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, IT, and Administration.
Education, knowledge and experience
- General Requirements
- Holds degree(s) in relevant background as required.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Ability in one or more international language(s) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams, in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
Terms and conditions
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.