The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) was first launched in 2013 by CIFOR with core partners including UNEP, the World Bank, and the Government of Germany. Meaningful engagement of youth and other typically marginalized stakeholders was a cornerstone of GLF’s operation from the beginning. Today, the GLF is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on sustainable land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. Building on a decade of successful conferencing during which we achieved the mainstreaming of the landscape approach the GLF has evolved to five innovation areas each set up to contribute to strengthening and enabling decentralized local action towards ecosystem restoration and sustainable development.
These include: 1) Creating a Digital Knowledge Commons (having reached a billion people in 185 countries); 2) Pioneering Youth Leadership (60,000, 160 countries); 3) GLF Learning Program (Landscape Academy (18,000 learners); 4) GLF Investment Case, sustainable finance, and value chains, and 5) GLFx and GLF Communities of Practice. GLFx, is our program to decentralize the Forum to create community led GLF chapters, and communities of practice, that are designed to carry out restoration and other activities (including advocacy) on the ground while creating a learning hub at the national and subnational level. GLF is supported by its Charter Members, 32 leading sustainable development organisations who invest in and co-create activities on the GLF platform and offer opportunities for intergenerational learning and exchange. GLF is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways, and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and scientists can share, learn, connect, and act together.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to conserving and restoring peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, GLF has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and SDGs.
Duties and responsibilities
The main objective of this assignment is to support the GLF Engagement and Growth Coordinator in growing its partner base and deepening its relationship with current partners. Partners include leading international development organizations, donors, businesses and finance institutions leading in sustainability.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Expand and build a relationship management strategy and system (HubSpot)
- Research and identify potential partners, donors and sponsors, and build and maintain contact lists
- Perform due diligence research
- Support partner outreach and follow?up
- Support internal communication relating to partners
- Support strategic relationships as directed by GLF Engagement and Growth Coordinator for GLF Collaborative Platform and Conferencing activities
- The GLF Partner Engagement Consultant will also work closely with the GLF Managing Director, the GLF Global Assistant Coordinator and the GLF Speakers Coordinator for assignments related to Operational activities, the Collaborative Platform and Conferencing activities.
- Support to setup and scheduling partners and donors meetings for the GLF Managing Director
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in academic field that is relevant to one or more of the GLF themes and sustainable development goals. Master’s degree in same fields is preferable.
- Fluency in English essential, other language(s) an advantage
- Experience in partner engagement a plus, as is experience working with donors, international organizations desirable
- Excellent internet and research skills
- Experience working with relationship management tools (Hubspot) and setting up related systems highly desirable
- Ability to produce high quality written content
Personal attributes and competencies
- Self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
- Able to find creative solutions;
- A team player and have outstanding interpersonal communications skills;
- Outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills; and
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to deliver to deadline.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be January – November 2022.
- Work locations: home-based, preferably in CET time zone. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
The application deadline is 31 January 2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.