The GLF Social Media Coordinator leads the development and implementation of the GLF’s global social media strategy, increasing our online presence and improving our marketing and engagement efforts. The coordinator works closely with the GLF Communications Coordinator, as well as with high performing teams in the GLF and CIFOR digital, editorial and outreach to help the GLF realize its local landscape priorities. At the same time, the team contributes significantly toward the overall achievement of the SDGs and climate agenda.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, Digital, Multimedia and Publishing, the GLF Social Media Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Develop, implement and manage global strategy and branding for the GLF’s social media channels and social media team, coordinating closely with social media teams in Africa, Asia and Latin America, as well as charter members and boundary partners.
- Together with the communications team, plan and implement events, campaigns and launches.
- Define key performance indicators for social media, and measure and report on progress toward goals.
- Communicate with industry professionals, brand ambassadors, experts and influencers to build and manage a strong social media network.
- Monitor and analyze practices, trends and networks across media and social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement.
- Plan, implement and report on paid marketing activities.
- Provide training on social media to other members of the GLF and youth volunteers.
- Other tasks related to social media and events, as required by GLF management.
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor’s degree in digital or social media marketing, journalism, communications, international relations) or in other related fields (master’s degree preferred)
- a minimum of five years of work experience in social media, digital communications or journalism
- proven expertise in managing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media business and marketing pages, as well as social media managing, listening and reporting tools
- demonstrated knowledge in growing global social media reach and increasing social media engagement
- experience with target audience and buyer persona research
- demonstrated familiarity with story development
- understanding of key performance indicators and web traffic metrics
- knowledge and passion for sustainability, environment and/or science communications
- experience in working in international development or environmental policy considered an asset
- flawless English speaker (other languages, especially French, Spanish, Indonesian, German, considered assets).
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating with a diverse team
- capacity to work both independently and as part of a multi-city, remote team
- ability to stay on top of the latest digital marketing trends
- excellent interpersonal communications and relationship-building skills to work effectively with a variety of people and personalities, members of the media, team members, donors, partners
- motivation to learn and work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
- desire and ability to think critically and solve problems effectively
- ability to meet deadlines
- flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- self-motivated, deadline-oriented, resourceful and energetic
- ability to find creative solutions
- ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans
- ability to stay on top of the latest digital trends.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be March – December 2021.
- Working locations: Home-based, preferably in Bonn, Germany.