The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is a partnership initiative led by CIFOR through its GLF Team. The team is based in the new CIFOR office in Bonn, Germany, and the CIFOR headquarters in Indonesia. The GLF Team is responsible for delivery on all GLF activities, and for expanding the GLF partnership and community.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest multi-stakeholder platform on integrated landscapes and aims to create a movement of one billion people around productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment and the World Bank, with 23 charter members among the world’s leading development organizations, and core funding provided by the German Government, the GLF operates from a Secretariat in Bonn and focuses on five main themes: restoration, finance, rights, food and livelihoods, and measuring progress.
Since 2013, over 180,000 stakeholders from more than 4,900 organizations and 185 countries have engaged with the GLF in person and online, with stakeholders from community and indigenous peoples’ organizations, finance, civil society, government, media and youth. We have reached over 600 million people online and through traditional media. The GLF is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting and has produced global conferences in the following cities: Warsaw, Lima, London, Paris, Marrakech, Jakarta, Bonn, Washington DC, Nairobi, Katowice and Kyoto, as well as in Bonn, New York, Accra, Luxembourg and Madrid in 2019.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to developing a gold standard for indigenous peoples’ rights, to supporting the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, the GLF has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Together we will create a global force to contribute to achieving the SDGs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together.
BE A PART OF A GLOBAL MOVEMENT. BE A PART OF THE GLF.
Duties and responsibilities
As the Global Landscapes Forum transitions to its new, long-term structure, the GLF Social Media Intern will support the GLF Social Media Coordinator to identify and reach out to draft and post content, liaise with partner organizations’ social media teams, identify new opportunities and monitor statistics. They will also work closely with the GLF Social Media Coordinator, the GLF Digital Strategist and the Editor for Landscape News.
Potential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting the GLF Social Media Coordinator by researching and gathering information on social media tools and tactics;
- Assisting with the development, distribution and maintenance of all social cards and materials;
- Helping liaise with Global Landscape Forum partners and speakers ahead of, during and after digital and in-person events on social media;
- Liaising with GLF’s social media audience;
- Helping to prepare social media strategies for events, Landscape News stories, partner events and more;
- Helping to prepare briefing materials for Communications Committee members, partners and Charter Members prior to each event;
- Performing other relevant ad-hoc projects and assignments related to social media as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Be a recent graduate or an active student of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in communications, journalism, international relations, advertising, media or related discipline
- Have experience in project management and coordination
- Have knowledge of social media best practices and different social media platforms
- Have an interest in the fields of environment, restoration or climate
- Be fluent in English (essential); other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, German) an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Be self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- Be able to find creative solutions
- Value attention to detail
- Be a team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
- Have outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure.
The application deadline is 20 Aug-2020