The GLF Social Media Junior Consultant supports the GLF Social Media Coordinator to identify, draft and post content, liaise with partner organizations’ social media teams, and identify new opportunities and global trends. The consultant will use scheduling tools such as Sprout Social to post content to the GLF’s social media channels on a daily basis; assist in organizing, promoting and communicating events and live streams; and regularly monitor and report on set key performance indicators.
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, advertising, media or related discipline (master’s degree considered an asset)
- a minimum of one year of experience in communications, particularly in project or event management and coordination
- experience in social media tools, best practices, various target audiences and different social media platforms
- basic knowledge in visual content design and creating audiovisual content
- familiarity with the fields of sustainability, environment, restoration and/or climate
- fluent in English (fluency in Spanish, French or Portuguese considered an advantage).
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- ability to find creative solutions
- attention to detail
- a team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
- outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
- proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Full-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be March – December 2021.
- Working locations: Home-based, preferably in Bonn, Germany.