- Develop a GLF Africa regional plan for 2022-2023 with input from the GLF global team, manage the associated program budget and supervise the GLF Africa regional team to ensure its successful implementation and establish a positive work culture, working procedures, and methods for team collaboration (CIFOR-ICRAF-GLF)
- Conceptualize the GLF Africa regional annual conferences, coordinate its planning, preparation and delivery, particularly in agenda-setting, in close coordination with the Knowledge team and GLF Africa and Global teams
- In support of GLF’s global strategy, lead the development of regional coalitions and activities through the GLF Africa Knowledge Committee, which mobilize the GLF partner network’s experience, particularly within CIFOR-ICRAF, to capitalize on key policy opportunities, and strengthen the GLF Africa Hub’s influence in regional initiatives, policies and narratives
- Work closely with the GLF Knowledge team to develop a strategic and comprehensive long-term approach, which integrates current proposals with future growth opportunities to advance GLF’s global objectives
- Collaborate closely with GLF Directors, Managers, and GLF Regional Coordinator, Central and Latin America to identify a common approach for GLF regionalization and ensure regional plans are aligned and complimentary, to inform and strengthen GLF’s global strategy.
- Oversee the GLF Africa Communications Officer, ensure strong collaborations with other regional innovation focal points, and coordinate the hiring and recruitment of additional consultants and/or interns as needed.
- Coordinate the design and delivery of an annual GLF Africa outcome story that demonstrates the impact of GLF Africa activities on regional policies, narratives, and initiatives.
- Maintain regular communication and ensure strong collaboration with CIFOR/ICRAF scientists and research programs to further program implementation and delivery
- Contribute to fundraising and resource mobilization efforts in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience preferably in environmental sciences, sustainable agriculture or sustainable development fields.
- Experience working on environmental or development issues in Africa, preferably in sustainable agriculture or landscape topics.
- Experience with developing campaigns which engage policymakers or private sector actors.
- Experience in partnership engagement or coalition-building
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating complex projects.
- Understanding and experience with GLF Charter Members and partners in Africa is an asset.
- A team player who thrives with creative freedom.
The GLF Coordinator – Africa. is responsible for shaping and overseeing a GLF regional program of work in Africa while enhancing GLF’s visibility in the region. As such, the Regional Coordinator plays a critical role in strengthening GLF’s global strategy, through an informed regional approach. The Regional Coordinator will supervise a GLF Africa team, work closely with GLF Innovation coordinators to enhance implementation, and support partner engagement to maximize synergies.
The application deadline is 03 Jul-2022