The Sustainable Finance Junior Consultant will be key in supporting the development of knowledge products and tailor-made events for mainstreaming sustainable finance for nature-based solutions.
Under the supervision of the GLF Managing Director and the GLF Sustainable Finance Lead, the GLF Sustainable Finance Junior Consultant will perform the followings tasks:
- Support the technical design of a 5th GLF Investment Case symposium, including providing technical advice to shape specific sessions, mobilize speakers, develop knowledge products, etc.
- Build technical content for a Community of Practice on Sustainable Finance (CoP) for nature-based solutions
- Support implementation of new partnerships on sustainable finance and value chains, and help produce knowledge material jointly with partner organizations to mainstream sustainable finance for nature-based solutions
- Provide additional support on demand, including in the framework of other key programs involving GLF, such as the GEF-7 FOLUR program.
- Support all GLF issues related to sustainable finance and value chains, including for sessions, panels, knowledge products design, etc. as part of broader GLF events.
Education, knowledge and experience
- University degree in a related discipline (environmental finance and economics, sustainable finance, business management and development, international development, environmental studies, international relations, etc.)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working on sustainable finance, and ideally in multistakeholder processes in developing countries or on projects with a focus on sustainable landscapes
- Good understanding of international development and/or environment policy processes
- Experience in working with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Rio conventions (CBD, UNFCCC, UNCCD) policy processes is an asset
- Fluency in English and French is essential; other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, German) an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Self-motivated, resourceful, energetic, flexible and adaptable
- Adept at networking and meeting new people from different cultures
- Creative problem solver
- Independent and able to work with minimal supervision, but also to be a team player
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and have outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be March – November 2021.
- Working locations: home-based, preferably in Luxembourg or any areas inside a CET time zone.