The internship program provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds. GLF interns have the opportunity to work and gain insights into the work within the forum’s four streams of activities: collaborative platforms and event facilitation, outreach and communications, knowledge hub management and curation and learning lab development.
The five cross-cutting themes that inform the forum’s activities are rights, food and livelihoods, measuring progress on climate and the Sustainable Development Goals, financing sustainable landscapes and restoring landscapes.
The intern will work across these key GLF areas, providing background materials and other input. The intern will assist consultants in communication, coordination and knowledge and with other tasks to maximize the GLF’s effectiveness.
Potential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the GLF team with event planning, communication outreach and the generation of knowledge products.
- Support the monitoring of activities and reporting on outputs.
- Carry out research on partner organizations, speakers and others who can add value to GLF activities.
- Promote and distribute the content of the GLF and Landscapes News across platishers, long-form social media channels, and other forums.
- In collaboration with GLF staff, pitch and generate ideas to promote social media and web engagement.
- Contribute to facilitation efforts, knowledge curation and the development of the learning lab course and its modules.
- Support program activities and administrative tasks.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A recent graduate of, a bachelor’s or master’s program in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, international development, environmental science or a related discipline.
• A demonstrated interest in and knowledge of issues related to forests, climate, landscapes and sustainable development.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills.
• Proven skills in social media networking.
• Familiarity with micro-blogging, content marketing, platishers, and forums.
• Experience in campaign management, event coordination and facilitation is a plus.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Effective time management and the ability to think strategically and find solutions.
• An excellent eye for detail and dedication to quality outputs.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds and to be a collaborative team player.
• A strong interest in using traditional and digital media to communicate complex information to broad audiences, and in gaining skills in communicating science.
Terms and Conditions
• This is an internship opportunity.
• Duration of assignment: 6 months, with possibility of extension.
• CIFOR may provide interns with a monthly stipend or living allowance in accordance with the project document or as agreed with the sponsor. The stipend or living allowance shall follow the rate used by CIFOR’s Human Resources Unit for interns.
• Under the overall guidance of the GLF Communications and Outreach Director, duties may be completed remotely, or from the CIFOR office in Bogor, Indonesia or from the GLF Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
• This a home-based position but preferably in Bonn, Germany.