Youth at Bonn 2017

GLF Youth Ambassador Application #17: Abul Bashar Polas (Bangladesh)

1 Dec 2017

My name is Md. Abul Bashar Polas. I am currently a master student in Germany with an academic background in Agriculture economics and environmental sciences. I am profoundly interested getting practical experiences in the field of environmental sustainability and natural resources management. I am from such a village in Bangladesh where there is no even […]

GLF Youth Ambassador Application #15: Linh Bui (Vietnam)

30 Nov 2017

…BECAUSE WE MUST WORK TOGETHER FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD! Being an introvert girl, I used to prevent public speaking. Along the time, I become comfortable with expressing opinions in front of people, but still like to keep my unique way of thinking: Writing an imaginary story in which I explore my arguments with an imaginary […]

GLF Youth Ambassador Application #14 Lawreen Mkado (Kenya)

30 Nov 2017

“If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal”. Hello, my name is Lawreen Mkado I am 29 years-old a student at the United Nations University – Institute of Environment and Human Security. I did my masters in Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security in Bonn, Germany but originally I am […]

GLF Youth Ambassador Application #13: Rupert Barry (UK)

30 Nov 2017

More than just an emoji? ? Our biggest challenge towards creating fairer, healthier, more sustainable, more productive and more resilient landscapes is the competition for people’s time. I believe the question we should be asking ourselves is, how do we get people’s attention at a time when there is more information and distraction than ever […]

GLF Youth Ambassador Application #12: Savyasachi Anju Prabir (India)

30 Nov 2017

Art and Science: Strange Bedfellows? Visualizing anthropology “Why study visual anthropology?” a typical question people ask about my education choice. In November 2017, I began three-year Master’s Program in Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary Practices at the University of Münster, Germany, and I was clear about my choice. In today’s world, the social and political […]